We’ve found John & Dmitry of SRED Unlimited to be great partners since day one. They make the data collection process easy and need only occasional input as they prepare our claim submission. SRED Unlimited has secured refunds for us for the past two consecutive years and we’re looking forward to working with them again this year.
Many companies do not consider filing for SR&ED because they do not believe they qualify. While it is true that altering a recipe by itself does not constitute SR&ED, many companies in the food and beverage industry do have eligible projects. Companies often need to strike a careful balance between flavour and nutrition, or achieve an acceptable quality of product with different ingredients (example: the growing gluten-free food industry is full of challenges which qualify for SR&ED). Food and beverage companies spend time and materials experimenting, which all too often goes unclaimed.
Consider whether you do any of the following:
- Developing new products, recipes, and/or packaging
- Improving shelf life and durability of products
- Making products more nutritious and more appetizing
- Systematically improving food safety
- Producing samples for sensory evaluation
- Improving speed of processes and products while remaining consistent
- Improving consistency
- Scaling up production
- Reducing waste